Apparently the brits have kept their sense of humour even through tough times.
I honestly can't put it better than Russell Brand did (yes, Russell Brand, go on, just read it).
"The blunt, pathetic reality today is that a little old lady has died,
who in the winter of her life had to water roses alone under police
supervision. If you behave like there's no such thing as society, in the
end there isn't."
Having been born (in a totally different country, no less) a year before Thatcher left Downing St, I personally can't claim any direct connection with her era and her rule, nor am I able (or arsed) to conjure up a prompt analysis on her legacy. Still, even with my lack of life lived and knowledge of Britain's socio-economic progress, I want to say that, metaphorically speaking, Thatcher needs a sarcophagus instead of a coffin.
A huge, concrete one, like the one they built on Chernobyl.
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti