I should go and support my friend's band at Nosturi, but on the other hand, life's too short and there's a 71-year old German drummer playing at Korjaamo who I happen to admire considerably.
Jaki Liebezeit's probably my favourite drummer ever and my biggest inspiration when it comes to drumming. Probably the only guy who's able to sound at the same time both robotic and funk-ayyyyy.
Can's sound was house, techno and electronic way before those genres even existed. VERY influential, and Liebezeit's drumming was an integral part of their legacy.
I'm not big on lengthy songs, but "trance" would be a very appropriate term to describe the state Can's extensive jams put me in... honestly, almost everytime I listen to cuts like "Mother Sky", "Halleluhwah", "You Do Right" I find myself totally immersed in the tribal-like drumming, utterly wrapped up in the web of sound they produce. Very rhythmic, very absorbing... good shit.
Seriously, if the gig consisted only of Liebezeit playing the "Halleluhwah" beat for two hours, I'd be bobbing my head in bliss.
Liebezeit actually means "Love-time". I'm not kidding.
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti