torstai 26. toukokuuta 2011

I never know which way to flow

The worst kind of mornings are the ones when you have to really concentrate on every breath you take, grit your teeth and stay absolutely still, or else. Today I had one of those. Funny how just lying down can feel like a real effort.

Well, one has to pay the price every now and then. Fortunately, I've been listening to "Everything Flows" by Teenage Fanclub on a loop for a while. It has this really soothing effect on me. Such a beautiful song.

Probably the only way to describe this song is "the heaviest soft song", or "the softest hard rock song". I just don't get how a wall of guitar distortion can sound so serene. It's like this song's on both uppers and downers at the same time. On the verge of overdrive, yet absolutely placid. Both in control and out of control.

A perfect soundtrack for one of those mornings.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti