lauantai 16. huhtikuuta 2011

Colours not included

I think I'm pretty good at drawing things, been doodling since I was like 4 years old. But I'm a shit painter.

To me, as an artform, drawing's a swimming pool, painting is an ocean. I'd like to do more than just hang out at a lake, but to this day my explorations of painting have been quite limited. Sure, I've made quite a lot of paintings back in school and fucked around with brushes at home too, trying to get something out of this noble form of art. But it has never been very satisfying.

But for some reason I still have a curiosity towards painting. Every now and then I get the urge to pick up a shitload of brushes and paint and spill my guts out on a canvas. Painting FEELS like art. A lot of times when I'm drawing it feels more like sketching, irrelevant, incomplete. You can't put frames around that.

So, why am I still sitting around with pencils and a piece of paper? Colours, man. They're tricky bastards.

Drawing is all about outlines, placing things on the paper, making them connect. To me, there are two colours I like to work with, black and white (and grey, but that's not a real colour anyway). They may come in a variety of shades, but in the end it usually comes down to those two. I'll keep my shades on, thank you very much.

 just some random artwork straight outta the drawer.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti