perjantai 29. huhtikuuta 2011

Reasons to be blogful

The main reason I hopped on the blog bandwagon was because almost daily I get the urge to somehow describe how different sights, sounds, discussions, situations etc. inspire me, what kind of emotions they evoke. Usually it's a song, or a thought, or a picture I really, really need to share. I'm the kind of guy who's always trying to discreetly change the music at parties, usually stuff no one has ever heard of and probably something that sounds like utter shit to most people.

Some would say it's childish, you know, the kind of "look what i've found!"- awe. Usually people stop expressing their amazement at their daily observations by the age of 9 or something. But on the other hand, people waste so much time blabbering about stuff of no importance at all. I mean, I'd much rather listen to people talk about things they're passionate about than discuss shit that is out there in our lives anyway whether we care or not. School, weather, the next bus. Fuck that.

But I'm pretty hesitant to rant and rave about these things face to face, because I'd like to think I'm considerate enough not to irritate people by forcing them to listen to my stream of consciousness. I mean, I don't like people who are always going "me me me". I don't like people who feel it's neccessary to spew out every pointless, minute thing that passes through their overcrowded mind. I don't want to come off as one of those people.

So are these pointless, minute things? Could be. But it's not like you have to read this stuff. However, I feel I need to somehow share all this. And I'm probably not the only one who wants to grasp those random fleeting thoughts and express them and share them, hoping someone "gets it" or atleast gets something out of them. That's what blogs are really good for. That's why I read blogs.

So, I hereby present a song I found today and grew very fond of. Apart from some Hank Williams Sr, miserable twats in cowboy gear is what comes to my mind when thinking of country music. Ol' Hank was a miserable twat in cowboy gear but he was cool. This one's by his son, and nowadays even Hank the third is riding the whole outlaw country schtick. But this one's a cool song. It's the song title that kinda reeled me in.

So, listen to it! Listen! This is important! This insprires me!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti